Saturday 23 July 2016

"Why I Returned To APC" -- Nuhu Ribadu

Reveals Pioneer chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Nuhu Ribadu, has returned to the All Progressives Congress. Ribadu confirmed the move in a statement, which was published on his Facebook page. “I have finally heeded the calls on me to return to the All Progressives Congress, a party of which I was a founding member,” he said. The ex-EFCC chair, who in 2014 left the Action Congress of Nigeria which later merged with the Congress for Progressive Change to form the APC, said he joined the ruling party on Thursday.
“I re-registered as a member of the APC on Thursday through the party’s online portal. After that, the leadership of the party in my Bako ward of Yola South Local Government Area visited me in my Yola residence to welcome me back to their fold,” the former ACN presidential aspirant said. “My decision to return to the APC was triggered by my believe that all politics are local. Almost everyone around me, and with whom we started my political journey believed the time had come for us to make sacrifices and make concessions. “That is in addition to the unbelievable love that my friends in the APC have showered on me in the past months. ”Ribadu, who had joined the Peoples Democratic Party in a bid to contest the governorship election for Adamawa State, attributed his departure from the APC to “fundamental disagreements with the ways the chapter of the party in my state was run after it fell into some hands”.

He explained that his return to the APC was influenced by events in the last 15 months, which “have addressed many of the issues and healed some of the wounds” as well as “the genuine and sincere invitations I received since last year to retrace my steps into the party”.

No comments:

Post a Comment