Sunday 12 March 2017

How we designed PDP to rule for 60 years, says IBB




Former military president, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida has said that right from inception, the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was conceptualised to rule Nigeria for 60 years and beyond.
The former leader stated this, when the chairman and members of the party’s strategy and intra-party committee paid him a visit at his Uphill mansion in Minna, yesterday.
He said retired military officers were solidly behind the party. “From formation stage, I saw the PDP as IRA (Irish Republican Army). We are the military wing of the PDP. We took a lot of interest. When I say we, I mean my boss, T.Y. Danjuma, Obasanjo, Gen. Aliyu Mohammed and I. We started it,” he explained. “I thank God we came up with the old concept. I believe one of our compatriots, who said PDP would rule for 60 years.”

Babangida expressed confidence that the party can still rule for 60 years, if they put their house in order. Presenting a copy of the report to the former leader, chairman of the committee, Professor Jerry Gana called on Babangida and other well meaning Nigerians to prevail on the ruling APC to stop muzzling opposition parties, with the aim of turning the country into a one-party state.






Feel Free To Comments Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment