Wednesday 7 December 2016

'I cheat on my wife and i lie to my famile' chapter one






What is it like to be a polygamist in modern-day Nigeria? Find out in this story, in which Jamaal, the narrator, marries a young, second wife in middle age.. Inspired by true life events.

Names have been changed to protect the identity of the narrator and other individuals in the story.


In a few months time, I will be 65 years old. At this stage in my life, one would expect that I would be free of such relationship issues like heartache, betrayal, lack of trust and other matters of the heart that lots of people face in life. 


 But it's not so. A few months ago, I was stabbed in the back, betrayed by someone I loved with all my heart and soul and invested so much in. The traitorous person, the snake who has caused me so much pain is none other than my wife, Nawwarah. Nawwarah was my life, my sunshine, the one who made me wake up with a smile on my face each morning. I believed she loved me too and would be by my side for the rest of my life. How wrong and naive I was!
  
 Looking back now, perhaps I should have known this would happen considering the differences between us especially the age gap. First and foremost, I met Nawwarah when I was close to 60; that was five years ago. She was very young then, about 19yrs, just fresh from school and as pretty as one of those models one sees in those glossy magazines. How did a young girl like that with so much going for her, end up with a man like me that was old enough to be her grand-father? Who already had a wife and children?

 It's a long story and I think I should start from the beginning...

We met when I was still working, before my retirement. It was in a government parastatal and I had been posted to our office in Kaduna a few years before. I was a very senior staff then, the second in command at the office. There was a day I had gone out of the office to see someone and on my return; I had met the receptionist having an argument with a lady. She was dressed in the white and khaki uniform of the NYSC (National Youth Service Corps).

"Madam, I've told you several times, but you've refused to accept it. My boss said we don't have any vacancy here. We have enough youth corps members serving here and we don't need more. So, please go!" she ordered. 
"Please, aunty, try to help me. All the other places I've been to rejected me. Where do I..." the young lady was saying when I intervened.

"What's going on here?" I queried.
They both turned in my direction, the receptionist quickly standing up on recognizing me.
"Welcome, sir!" she greeted cheerfully.
I looked at the lady, and then turned to the receptionist, who was called Vero.
"Is there any problem?" I asked again.

 Join us later today for the continuation of Jamaal's story
To be continued...


For more stories updates follow us on Twitter and Instagram @insidearewa or add 08066680993 on whatsapp and you can also download insidearewa application for Android users by following the link and wait for the 30 seconds count down to finish to install the app on your phone for easy access.
Download Inside Arewa Android App for fast and easy access
 CLick HERE                                             
or follow this link if the first didnt work for u DOWNLOAD INSIDE AREWA Apphttp://www.appsgeyser.com/3784388








Feel Free To Comments Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment