Thursday 29 June 2017

Finding Mr Right Chapter 9


Read the previous episodes here 
I got back from Dubai five days later, with my man. Now that’s the sweetest thing to say. Me, Oyin omo Clegg that left Lagos manless, am returning with a man, and a heck hunk of a man.

 I wish I would run into that Moroti again now, so I could smugly answer all her snide questions, but fate would not have it so. And you know, the sweetest thing about Yomi is that all through our stay in Dubai, he didn’t ask for sex (even though I was hoping he would #evilgrin#).


 He wanted to prove to me that it was not just a holiday/business trip fling he wanted. So he told me that we would save the real deal (yes, there were other things I shall keep only to myself) until much later. 



Men, o ti ba mi seriously for this guy. It felt like I’d known him for more than the few days we had spent in Dubai. We had connected on so many levels. The trip had been so much fun, and he had spoilt me silly, shopping, spa treatments, exotic meals et al. 


These days sha, I have toned down on the dreaming (wisely so, after my last set of experiences), so I had not started imagining us walking down any aisle or dancing to 'Chop My Money' at our wedding reception.


                                                                               ***

For the first time when I was returning from outside, I didn’t notice the Naija heat as we stepped out of the plane. I practically waltzed to the arrival lounge to wait for my luggage. I couldn’t be bothered that the air-conditioning wasn’t working there.

 Yomi guided me away from the conveyor belt. “We don’t have to wait dear. My people will sort the luggage out and deliver it to your house”. See levels o! Lol. This was the life men. I couldn’t wait to fill my girls in on my trip. 



I had loads of pictures on my iPad and BB to ensure that my gist was substantiated with visual evidence lest they began to think I had gone so delusional I was now having an imaginary boyfriend.


I was so engrossed in this world I didn’t see him. But he had seen me, seen it all. Seen me all over Yomi. Seen Yomi playfully kiss my forehead. Even seen me slap his butt as I laughed at a joke. 


He stood transfixed to the spot he was, and I’m sure if he was white, he would have been bright red from the look on his face. I looked up and saw Ossy standing, a bouquet of roses in hand, eyes blazing at me.


 In my enraptured world, I had totally forgotten about the reason I had been to Dubai in the first place. This was bad, really bad. How would I manage Ossy to make sure he didn’t create any scene? 


How would I explain to Yomi that there was nothing between me and this man who knew my travel plans so well that he knew when to wait at the airport, rose in hand for me? Ossy stood where he was, as if daring me not to come to him.


“Yomi, I’ve gotta say hello to someone, I’ll be back shortly.” Thankfully, he was on the phone and only nodded. I walked gingerly towards Ossy, feeling like a child who had done something bad and was about to face her daddy for that wrongdoing.


“Hi," I ventured.


“And what the hell are you doing with him like that?” he asked not so calmly, his hands saying more than his lips were.


I firmed my voice up. After all, I wasn’t dating Ossy, and had the right to see anyone I wanted. “I met him on the trip and we connected. And take that look out of your eyes, he hasn’t touched me.”


“Of course he hasn’t,” Ossy said sarcastically.


I was angered. “What exactly do you mean by that? And why do I have to explain myself to you?”


He threw the roses on the floor and smiled. “Of course you don’t have to. And as to what I meant, you’ll find out in due time.”


The smile sent a chill down my spine more than anything Ossy said. I placed a hand on his shoulder and tried to plead with him. 


“Ossy, you are my friend. I always thought you would be happy for me when I finally met someone. Now is the time to be happy for me dear. Please.” 


He put a hand on my hand and looked into my eyes and it was only then I could see the sadness there. Then he took my hands of his shoulder and let it go. Right there, I felt a deep sense of loss.


 I had lost a friend.


“Hey dear, who’s this?” Yomi asked from behind me. I tried to formulate all the answers I could that would make sense in my head, but I drew on blanks.


“I’m Ossy, her colleague from work. Meeting my madam here today jare, she’s been away for barely a week and it seems like an eternity already,” Ossy answered, chuckling.


Yomi laughed too. “That’s this love thing o,” he said, putting his arms around me to mark me as “territory”. I have never felt that awkward, but Ossy was such a sport. Then Yomi turned to me. “Time to go dear, driver’s waiting and luggage is all sorted.”


We said our goodbyes and I walked away with Yomi. I couldn’t look back to see Ossy. I knew I wasn’t doing anything technically wrong, because I had not asked for any of the things Ossy had done for me, neither was I dating him. But I still felt real bad.


Two cars had come to pick us, an Armada for the luggage and a G-Wagon for us. Expectedly, the moment the car moved, he asked “So who really is that guy”? I weighed my options in my head.


Option 1 – Lie so well and get away with it (I doubted I’d be able to pull that off). Option 2 – Lie so badly it would look like I was hiding something and lose Yomi. Option 3 – Tell the truth and Yomi would believe and all would be well. Option 4 – Tell the truth and Yomi would believe there’s more between Ossy and I than I told him and lose him.


Life is so unfair. The odds are totally stacked against me. Why is it that of the four options, three have to end badly for me? Would I have to delete those pictures and have no stories to tell Toke and Gloria when I get home today?


I looked into his eyes and made my choice.


Option taken – three. Yes, against all my Lagos sharp sense, I decided to take a risk on Yomi and tell him the truth, and scenario three played out.

Lesson learnt – if you want it long term with someone, come out clean, no hidden anything. He looked me in the eye after I had told him and said “Oyin, if you had lied, I would have known and I would have ended it here and now.” And I knew he meant it.

Sunday was my day with my girls (proudly so). I could regale you with all the tales of our day at the beach, but the only part you are gonna read is the fact that the oooohs and aaaahs that I got as I told them about Yomi and I could fill a book.

Toke knew of Yomi (who Toke no sabi), and she told me I had hit it big if I hooked him. Glo was also very happy for me and I felt refreshed and ready for the week.

Okay, lemme give you guys a bit of juicy gist from Gloria. Remember Alvin who was supposed to send the iPad that I was supposed to win in the episode about Mr. X (RME) with the H factor?

Well, Gloria thought they were headed somewhere. He’s based in England and used to call her a lot initially. Recently, he has reduced his calling and he’s been complaining about all sorts and giving excuses for not calling. She called him while I was away in Dubai, and the conversation went something like this:

Gloria:   Hello darling!

Female Voice: May I know who is speaking? (English accent)

Gloria:   That’s my line. Why are you answering my boyfriend’s phone

Female Voice: Because I’m his wife and the mother of his two kids!

Gloria:   (Quiet)

Female Voice: Alvin… come and get the phone!

Alvin:    Who is this?

Gloria:   Who was that?

Alvin:    My wife.

Gloria:   Alvin, you are married…

Alvin:    I can explain. It’s for my papers. It’s one oyinbo woman.

Gloria slammed the phone.

All these foolish men that will come here and be deceiving us. That’s why me I don’t do distance. Too much room for lies and deceit abeg. The talk is in the eyes, oju loro wa.

Monday and I got to work and raced to my desk. I avoided going anywhere I thought I would meet Ossy. That’s the issue with office anything. I had not even dated and broken up with him and it was this awkward. I couldn’t imagine how it would be if we had actually dated. Gladly, I knew it was a bad idea and did not date him.

Apart from that, the day was a blast. Everyone commented on how well I looked and how good the rest must have been. I chose not to call Yomi to see if our first work day apart would be a 'no talk during the day kinda work day.'

My booboo sugar bunny snucklesnuggle (did u roll your eyes?) called me thrice during the day and we talked (I used my handsfree o, all you LASTMA people reading this) all through my drive home.

And so my week went something like this – great days at work, two dinners with boo, and #my lips are sealed about these parts#. Suffice to say that I had ice cream eaten off me and so forth...


To be continued
Names have been changed to protect the identity of the narrator and other individuals in the story.
For more stories updates follow us on Twitter and Instagram @insidearewa or add 08066680993
! Remember to leave a comment on the story page on my site that’s the only way you can encourage me to do more thank you. Its very simple follow the link locate the comment box and type your comment easy right? God bless you as you leave your comment
Forward your story if you have any to share, don’t worry about it we will polish it for you but the only language I understand are English and Hausa for now.
CLick HERE
or follow this link if the first didnt work for u DOWNLOAD INSIDE AREWA App  http://www.appsgeyser.com/3784388 or http://www.appsgeyser.com/426759






Feel Free To Comments Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment