Wednesday 31 August 2016

The diary of interrupted dream final episode

Diary of interrupted dream: Episode finale!

Read the previous episodes HERE

The dinner was over by 9pm sharp due to the security challenges. After introduction and  exchange of pleasantries between me and abokanen ango. Shamsu led me away from the crowd. My heart skipped a bit so he meant what he said. Earlier he requested that after the dinner he will drive me himself alone to our house. And indeed he meant it, he was holding my hands as thought I will be snatched away. His friends were busy laughing and mocking us, but he doesn't seems to mind at all some were busy snapping us pictures some clapping.

I wanted to break away so he let go of my hands and half carried me and more cheers and more camera flashes trailed behind us. I was beyond words so I just let him lead me kawai and why not. So I use the saying "if you can't beat them join them", so I stopped struggling to break free from his hold. I said "wait let me adjust" I held on to his hands and let him led me easily he laughed a little and gently and said "yawwa ko ke fa"

He brought out a car key from his pocket saying "Let me take you were I longed to take you for long My Aneesah" Shamsu are you.... before I could finish what I want to say, he use his thumb and gently touched my lips and said "what did you say yesterday?" " "Oops sorry dearie I mean MBH!" and said smiling. Remembered our arguments in the morning that he don't want me calling his name so I named him  " MBH! (My better half)." That's better" he said. He went straight to a brand new mercedes Benz car parked just outside the door of the hall, opened the passenger  door and held it for me. I did not move but only said "Are you serious MBH!? I thought you were joking why can't we just go home and then I will be formally conveyed to your house?" He only smiled motioned towards me. He came very close that I could perceive the Hugo boss perfume he use.",My Aneesah am dead serious, now are you going to walk to the car or want me to do as I said if you can't walk to the car by yourself ?" I still didn't move, until I understood that he meant  what he said that's to carry me to the car. He laughed happily and said "that's my bae". I smiled recollecting our phone conversation in the morning.

"My Aneesah my wife, my bae, my Queen, My wish, Infact my all that I could risk to have, how are you?" I couldn't hold a smile though he was not with me to see it "Uhm Shamsuddeen" I said before I could say anything he cut me short "Haba My Aneesah har yau ma suna na Shamsu? Canja min don Allah" "okay" I said "You are MBH! from today. And then the call was disconnected by network so I just text him  what MBH! Stand for. He replied immediately" I love the name"

Through out our journey he was holding my left hand with his hand and uses the other hand to drive expertly. He stopped the car in front of a beautifully painted gate, came round and open the door for me. When I came out he was still standing very close saying I have a surprise for you. He led me towards the house, and just in time the small gate door opened  and I heard a voice saying "Shamsu ka dawo ka taho min da ita". My mouth involuntarily opened and closed I almost shouted " Baba is it really you?"  " yes Aneesah its me"baba maigadi said excited and added "welcome finally to my Shamsuddeen house". Another surprise " I heard Shamsu said "could you please walk my girl to her house"  "sure why not it will be a great delight you know" came the reply "Blessing is it you please" I continued how dearie I asked looking at him. He simply smiled and said " My Aneesah I couldn't erase that day 's memory so I chose to replay it again, now if you don't mind blessing will see you off while I see baba I will meet you inside". I was speechless blessing led me in and straight to a beautiful two storeyed building painted in my favourite colour peach and cream. On top of the balcony a banner was placed and in which "Welcome to our world my Aneesah, my bae, my Queen and all " was beautifully written, and lightened by a disco lights. I turned and he was standing few metres away from looking breathtakingly handsome in a gray suit. Without hesitation I walked into his arms and held him tight saying "You were the only man that had  ever mattered and will ever mattered to me" We were speechless, he led me into the front door of the sitting room, same thing everything has a touch of peaches and creams.
He led me to the bedroom, and everything was lost to us.What we are aware was the two of us.........Indelible Memories created!!!
The next day he fixed a chair for me on the balcony which was decorated with beautiful pictures of us snapped long time ago on the mountains. We watched the sunrise together, that seems to create a bond between us.

A moment later, Umma came, she was filled with happiness which radiates through her face. We had breakfast with her. And then she retires on a sitter and we sat at her feet as a show of respect. She touched our heads and bless us and tell us this "Aneesah, I love you like a daughter or even more, you are God sent, no one knows the whereabouts of your parents, but it doesn't matter any more, you have us, you have Shamsuddeen, and I believe he loves you. I forbade you from disrespecting him, he is in charge of your affairs, do not do anything without consulting or seeking his counsel, do not keep companies he disapproves of, respect him, love him do not shy away from your duties as a wife, be an object of pleasure to him, pleasure and delight of his eyes. And I want you to know ,everyone is tied to his or her destiny and nothing can stop what was destined to befall you to.

Everything is a matter of time, this is your time to be husband and wife. You have had dreams, but were interrupted by destiny now alqawari ya cika. Aneesah you have done alots to us, including sacrificing your own happiness just to repay us. You  have been and obedient child May God blessings be with you. And to you Shamsuddeen, you too are like my own son, know that, you are now in charge of Aneesah's affairs, she is a trust upon you not a slave, a companion, and your comfort zone, I beseech you to treat her well as the best and she will make you her priority, teach her to respect you by respecting her.

Women need to be clearly told they are loved, don't hesitate to tell and show her you love her, I know you do. When you are tempted to displease her just create a space a little. Admonish her do not give her time to correct herself correct her, tell her categorically and in unequivocal terms what you love and hates, communicate with her, communication has a way of bridging gaps.

Am not telling you this because she is my own but because this is what men should be told. Have my blessings, Aneesah I am your mother, you have never had any parents but us, for anything do not hesitate to call me. Pray for your parents. I will leave you now "She concluded rising up and adjusting her himar.

We were both touch by her words. Shamsu held my hands in her presence and said "Umma ba rashin kunya you are my mother, I promised you I will take care of her, and  protect her against every evil". Umma left, and we sat down still jikinmu a mace.

Alhamdulillah Alhamdulillah Alhamdulillah!!! Said Shamsu i never imagine this day will come. But with God everything is very possible, we have been tested and we have  accepted it with wisdom and total submission we are repaid at the right time!! Alhamdulillah i said leaning on his shoulders, looking into his eyes and smiling beautifully. His lips motioned towards mine let me start practicing what Umma just said " I love you so much,much more than you can ever comprehend "I closed my eyes and allowed his words to caress my senses!!!
Thanks for reading and following it from episode one to the end.
Special thanks to Barrister Mariya Maman twins for sharing her story with us. You can also share your story if think it's worth sharing.

For more updates on Inside Arewa Stories Follow Us on Instagram and Twitter @Insidearewa or add 08066680993 on whatsapp

No comments:

Post a Comment