Saturday 20 August 2016

The diary of interrupted dream episode 6.




 Read the previous Episode HERE

The thoughts of our good old days occupied my mind all through my journey back.I still remember Shamsu's favourite noodles, and was sure all the ingredients needed are available because it happens to be my brother Abbas favourite too. I was taken aback when I saw his car parked in our compound, how did he get here? I asked my self, I quickly checked the number plate,it was the same plate number on the car he drove away.So I hurriedly closed the car door,and dashed inside to clear all doubts.I said salam at the door as usual.

Behold he was there sitting comfortably on the only lounge chair in the parlour, relaxed and at ease and Umma was sitting on a one sitter relaxed also.And on the stool in front of him was a plate of Cus Cus with vegetable soup with a bottle of chilled cway water.The atmosphere was that of two people who ve known each other for long like a son and a caring mom discussing. I was confused I neither enter nor sit down I was literary standing at the door. How? When did that happen? How did he know our house? When did he and Umma became that close. It was as if he read my thoughts like he used to.

He just smiled and said "My Aneesah!" I just looked up sharply between him and Umma, wondering how he is comfortably calling me "My Aneesah"in umma's presence. Umma just smiled and said "sit down Aneesah". I reluctantly sat down lots of thoughts filled up my mind.He then continued "After that faithful day,which was the unforgettable day of my life,the worst the darkest for that was the day I seems to lost all I ever had in my life. I was not thinking right,I just managed my Aneesah I didn't wanna add to your burden, I didn't sleep a wink that night,it was only grace of God that kept me alive that night.The first thought that came to my mind was to come to Umma and Abba and plead with them to change their mind because I didn't know how I will survive without you.
First thing in the morning, I was here disheveled and worn out,I was ushered in,while Abba,Umma and the rest where on their early morning Quranic memorization, I joined them too,and it was what relieved me.After prayers, Umma looked at me and said " Shamsu?" I simply nodded and for the first time tears came to my eyes and I buried my head between my thighs and cried like a baby,Umma and Abba didn't try to stop me.  Infact they gave me space.And i was through and more relieved .Umma was just there with a cup of tea.She simply handed me the cup of tea and ordered me to drink it,I couldn't argue so I drank it even though am not hungry but I just can't argue with one of the important women of my life, she gave me  some minutes to finish up.

When she came back she was follows by Abbas "Shamsu ka je ka watsa ruwa ka dan huta sai kazo,and we will talk,if you can why not pray at least two rakaat" Umma said her voice full of compassion.I just couldn't say no so I followed Abbas and he took me to their side and prepared a warm water for me to bath,I did as Umma suggested and get some minutes of sleep.Which was soothing and relieving.By the time Umma came back I was refreshed and a bit thinking clearly than the other day.Umma spoke to me with the softest voice indulging me to be patience,reminded me that we were not meant to be I could still remember clearly when she said to me "Shamsu,you are just like my own son,I know all about you and Aneesah, but God destined otherwise and no man can undo that.Shamsu know that " what misses you was never meant for and what misses you was never meant for you".If I could do something about that I would have but its unfortunate I cannot go against the decision of my husband he is my superior and in charge of all affairs that concerns me" She paused for a while and continued "This man has done a lots for Aneesah that no matter what she will never think of betraying his decisions". So you will help me Shamsu and encourage Aneesah to obey his command though she has not shown any sign of rebellion,i know she loves you alots,and you too.So you can help us by concealing your grieves yo her,am sure by that she could be able to overcome it,since she know that you have not taking too far.

My Aneesah, umma's words were just like a soothing balm to an excruciating pains.Gradually I felt less worried about things I just took it as our destiny,no matter how we love ourselves, or care,or how much we have in common. So with that I accepted the bitter truth," we are not meant to be " That thought almost broke my defenses I cried my Aneesah alots.Umma has been with me through out my grieving periods, she was there she called,and told me soothing words.Thank God I scaled through. And that admission came in time and so changing the environment helped alots,so I buried myself in my studies,and never  cease to be in touch with Umma .she was like a solid rock which I leaned on. 

My Aneesah, he called me smiling "it may interest you to know Umma love me more than she does u" I just smiled and said "ina Umma is mine fa don't deceive yourself" That long explanation now proved to me that Umma love me and could do anything within her power to make me happy ".
Umma noticed the way
Shamsu concentrated on me,so she cleared her throats and said " let me retire inside I can see you two don't need my presence anymore smiling and in that smile it reflect how happy she is. With that she left us alone.


For more updates on Inside Arewa Stories Follow Us on Instagram and Twitter @Insidearewa or add 08066680993 on whatsapp
To be continued Insha Allah on Monday 22nd August 



No comments:

Post a Comment