Monday 31 October 2016

I won’t run for presidency - Ganduje



Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje of Kano State says he will never contest for presidential position based on the experiences of his predecessors.
Ganduje spoke Saturday night during the closing ceremony of a 3-day retreat for Kano State APC’s officials and stakeholders in Sokoto.
“People are telling me to go for presidency after finishing my tenure. But I am telling them ‘no’. I am contented being a governor of my state. I don’t want to pass there to avoid the mistakes of my predecessors,” he stated.
Ganduje added, “The first one contested but failed woefully. Another one made a similar attempt, but was knocked down along the line. My prayer always is to complete my tenure successfully and deliver on the mandate given to me by the electorate.”
He warned his followers and other party loyalists to stop prostrating or kneeling for him because he was not a “demigod”.

“I don’t like sycophancy or God fatherism. I don’t like people praising me because it makes me feel bad. I am not the best. It is only God that chose me,” he said.
Ganduje also said he would not anoint anybody as his successor, promising to show fairness to all aspirants.
The state APC acting chairman, Alhaji Abdullahi Abbas Sanusi, cautioned all elected and appointed officers against shunning their people because it was capable of portraying the party in bad light.

DailyTrust







Feel Free To Comments Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment