Saturday 31 October 2015

How I Arrived At My Choice Of Ministers – Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari has explained how he came about the persons he nominated as ministers.

The explanation was against the backdrop of insinuations that Buhari, since he has been out of the corridors of power for a while, may not have had so much input into his choice of ministers.


But speaking with the Nigerian Television Authority and Channels Television in New Delhi, India on Friday, Buhari said the insinuation was far from the truth.

Buhari, who was in New Delhi for the 3rd India-Africa Summit, said his previous three attempts at the presidency before he eventually won on March 28, 2015, afforded him the opportunity of knowing many Nigerians.
He said: “I have just talked about Nigerians, especially the elite, sitting and reflecting on serious national issues.
“How many times did I attempt to be the president of Nigeria?
“How many times did I end up in the Supreme Court?

“Does is it mean every time, I don’t know people in this country?

“I know people who we were going together but fell by the wayside because it was too tough.

“You know I contested in 2003, 2007, 2011.
“I think Nigerians should stop taking things for granted as far as we are concerned.”


No comments:

Post a Comment