Sunday 27 September 2015

Buhari will unveil his ministers before September 30 – Presidency reassures

The Presidency has once again assured Nigerians that President Muhammadu Buhari would release his ministerial list before the September 30 deadline.
The presidency spoke against the backdrop of concerns in some quarters that Buhari might not unveil his ministers before the month ends.

Of concern is also the current travails of the senate president, Dr. Bukola Saraki at the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT, which many Nigerians fear may make the deadline not feasible.
However, Special Adviser to the president on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, while speaking with Vanguard on the issue stated that Nigerians needed not to worry as the deadline given by president Mohammadu Buhari to form his cabinet has not yet elapsed.
He said: “Time given has not yet elapsed and the president himself said if by September 30, there is no cabinet, you should come and ask him questions. That is it.”
It will be recalled that the president had in his visit to Ghana on September 7 told Journalists that he would unfailingly constitute his cabinet on or before the end of September.
“After I was sworn-in, I said I will have my cabinet in September. I expect that Nigerians should ask me questions after the 30th of September if I do not do so,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment